With the year quickly coming to a close and as we transition now into Quarter Four, it is important to start reviewing your marketing strategies. This is a concept that every successful small business owner makes sure to do before going into a new year. That is why I thought it would be important to outline the 5 Reasons Why Quarter Four is Important to Your Marketing Goals.
Why Quarter Four over the Rest?
Before, I begin it is necessary to understand why the small business owner should focus on Quarter Four, over all of the other quarters in the year. I say this because taking a look back at all of the marketing strategies that had been implemented throughout the year is really the place to obtain the majority of our data. This is where small business owners will obtain the majority of the data they need in order to make proper assessments in our business, but more on that later.
One of the biggest reasons why Quarter Four is important is that it allows us to produce an audit on everything that occurred in business from Quarter One to Quarter Three. An audit can be performed for any area of your business, but for the purpose of this blog, I want to focus on marketing. When you are able to see what the overall picture for the year was in a snapshot, you have a better idea, as to why Quarter Four becomes one of the most important if not the most important quarter for your overall marketing goals going into the following year.
Looking back at how your business performed is one of the main reasons why this quarter is so vital because while you do want to focus on the sales, you really want to focus on the performance of the previous months. There is no better time to do just that in Quarter Four. However, to give you a better understanding of why this quarter can work wonders for your marketing efforts, I listed the five reasons why it matters so much.
The Five Reasons Why Quarter Four Matters
These are the top five reasons why Quarter Four is so important to your marketing goals and the overall success of your business.
- Performance Overview: Again, as previously stated, Quarter Four is when the majority of the overviewing of your business occurs. You will have the opportunity to bring all of your work together and truly see the areas in which you met or exceeded goals, as well as those areas that need more observation and possibly a better strategy.
- Pivoting Point: The second reason why Quarter Four is such an important quarter for your marketing goals, is that you will find that in these last three months give you have room to pivot. Yes! Quarter Four is a great time to make any necessary pivots in your business. You will have plenty of wiggle room to make any changes in the marketing strategies and you will even have some time to test these out before the first of the year.
- Investment Opportunities: Quarter Four gives you a wonderful opportunity to make proper investments back into your business. These investments can include everything from social media advertising investments, website plugin investments, or even investments to your branding and social media efforts; like proper analytic tools or reporting tools. If there is something within your marketing strategy that has been lacking due to funds, now is a good time to turn that around by investing.
- Brand Awareness: Finding the right brand alignment in business can be very important. That is why, if you have been having issues with your building out your brand awareness marketing strategy, quarter four is the perfect time of the year to rectify that. With many local and national opportunities for networking during this very festive time of year, you can really get the name of your business in front of your ideal audience. You can also use the opportunity to get in front of different audience members as well.
- Marketing Team: Whether you have a brick-and-mortar or if you are a solopreneur with a virtual team, Quarter Four is the absolute most perfect time of the year to either start hiring your team in order to build out various areas of your marketing efforts. It is also a good time to continue to motivate your current team into the following year. It is also a good opportunity to your current team’s performance and efforts and how their work is contributing to the overall goal you have set forth in your marketing plan.
I hope that you enjoyed these five reasons why Quarter Four is so important to your overall marketing goals and the success of your business into the following year. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them down in the comment box below! Remember that the most important part of Quarter Four is to finish the year off strong, but also to understand where you will be heading as you enter the new year.